Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brent Worden <br...@worden.org> on 2004/12/01 01:55:06 UTC

RE: [email] website

Have anyone else noticed the missing directory images in the left navigation
area?  I believe this is a result of using the custom commons-site.jsl
stylesheet with the 1.0 release of Maven.

Examples of this is the newly published resources and email sites:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/resources
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/email

I tried using the default stylesheet shipped with maven-xdoc-plugin-1.8 but
the result weren't the most desirable.  By using the command:
maven -Dmaven.xdoc.jsl= -Dmaven.xdoc.theme=classic \
      -Dmaven.xdoc.ui.banner.background=#fff xdoc

I was able to generate a site with the same color schema as pre-release
Maven sites but with a couple (if not more) glaring deficiencies.  First,
some of the menu items (the About Us section) are missing from the left
navigation area.  Second, resizing the browser window causes all kinds of
layout problems with columns overlapping, odd text wrapping and the like.

I uploaded a snapshot of math to display these quirks:
http://www.apache.org/~brentworden/math/index.html

Can someone in the know look into this and offer suggestions for a
resolution?

Brent Worden