Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2006/09/13 21:14:20 UTC

Code move

I would like to get feedback on the following.

I expect that we will have our accounts created shortly. It looks like
most of us have
requests sent for account creation and would like to start planning the
code move. If you
don't please speak up now.

For the code move I need a time period in which we stop check-in's and
can make the required
tars, etc for the software grant and apache legal records. As I am
traveling Monday, I would like
to suggest that we freeze the current svn at noon (EDT) on Tuesday the
19th. It will take few hours
to get everything done for the move.

If the move is successful, I will post that fact by 6PM EDT. If not we
can open the svn again until
noon (EDT) on the 20th and I re-attempt the move Wednesday.

Does this proposed schedule work for everyone?

Regards
Carl.

Re: Code move

Posted by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com>.
+1

Re: Code move

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ma...@jpmorgan.com>.
+1

(sidenote: JPMC people don't seem to be getting emails from the qpid-dev
list that are sent by redhat people. So if we don't respond to quickly
then that is why. We are working to resolve the issue)

"Rajith Attapattu" <ra...@gmail.com>
2006-09-13 20:22
Please respond to qpid-dev

        To:     qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org, cctrieloff@redhat.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Code move

+1 from me

Rajith

On 9/13/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I would like to get feedback on the following.
>
> I expect that we will have our accounts created shortly. It looks like
> most of us have
> requests sent for account creation and would like to start planning the
> code move. If you
> don't please speak up now.
>
> For the code move I need a time period in which we stop check-in's and
> can make the required
> tars, etc for the software grant and apache legal records. As I am
> traveling Monday, I would like
> to suggest that we freeze the current svn at noon (EDT) on Tuesday the
> 19th. It will take few hours
> to get everything done for the move.
>
> If the move is successful, I will post that fact by 6PM EDT. If not we
> can open the svn again until
> noon (EDT) on the 20th and I re-attempt the move Wednesday.
>
> Does this proposed schedule work for everyone?
>
> Regards
> Carl.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: Code move

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Rajith

On 9/13/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I would like to get feedback on the following.
>
> I expect that we will have our accounts created shortly. It looks like
> most of us have
> requests sent for account creation and would like to start planning the
> code move. If you
> don't please speak up now.
>
> For the code move I need a time period in which we stop check-in's and
> can make the required
> tars, etc for the software grant and apache legal records. As I am
> traveling Monday, I would like
> to suggest that we freeze the current svn at noon (EDT) on Tuesday the
> 19th. It will take few hours
> to get everything done for the move.
>
> If the move is successful, I will post that fact by 6PM EDT. If not we
> can open the svn again until
> noon (EDT) on the 20th and I re-attempt the move Wednesday.
>
> Does this proposed schedule work for everyone?
>
> Regards
> Carl.

RE: Code move

Posted by ma...@jpmorgan.com.
That sounds ok for us - though if you could make it 1pm EDT that'd be
better for us as it means we'd probably have gone/be heading home anyway
:-)

Either way, I think that's a good plan.

Regards,
Marnie