Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Danh Hoai <ho...@indent.org> on 2001/07/06 23:04:07 UTC

How to map Element Object?

Hi all,

I am writing a small program to accept a request from a client, and then
returns back to the client with an org.w3c.dom.Element Object and Message
Object(for the other method).  Basically, I want to return a XML stream to
the client.  But server displays a message saying there is no Serializer to
serialize org.apache.message.Message.

I think I have to map dataType in the service/client but I really have no
clue how to this.  If anyone has done this kind of stuffs, please help me
out or give me some references how to do this.  Is there any good SOAP
tutorial??

Thank you.

RE: How to map Element Object?

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
Danh,

   I think you are supposed to use the Message object from the client.  If
you really want to serialize a Message object I would use the BeanSerializer
class (if Message is a java bean) or write your own.

You might want to look at the GetAddress.java example in samples.addressbook
package for how to use the BeanSerializer class.

--Abraham

RE: How to map Element Object?