Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@pixotec.de> on 2010/12/16 21:51:30 UTC

New Roller Theme available: LightWord

Hi folks,

after some days working with Apache Roller (and asking some questions here
in the forum) I want to contribute something back: the new theme called
"lightword"!

See my blog entry:
http://blog.datazuul.com/roller/entry/new_apache_roller_theme_lightword
http://blog.datazuul.com/roller/entry/new_apache_roller_theme_lightword

Enjoy! Feedback welcome.

(The license from the original Wordpress theme is GPL, so this is too.)

Re: New Roller Theme available: LightWord

Posted by 李世亮 <av...@gmail.com>.
hi, Dave,

It is very nice! One defect is that I have to rename the download file to
59aaf034-5472-43cd-bc1f-9412a3e86e28.tar.gz, otherwise I cant   unzip it!

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> wrote:

> awesome ;)
>

> --
> Frans Thamura
> Director
> Meruvian.
> The Most Complete Java Services Provider in Indonesia
>

> Mobile: +6287885901958
> Blog & Profile: http://frans.thamura.info
>
> We grow because we share the same belief.
>

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Dave Koelmeyer <
> d.koelmeyer@auckland.ac.nz
> > wrote:
>
> > On 17/12/10 09:51 AM, Ralf Eichinger wrote:
> >

> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> after some days working with Apache Roller (and asking some questions
> here
> >> in the forum) I want to contribute something back: the new theme called
> >> "lightword"!)
> >>

> > Great work - very nice theme! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave

Li Shiliang
Ph.D Candidate
Institute of Distance Education
Beijing Normal University
Beijing, P.R. China
--------------------------
Embracing Open Source——Beginning from Firefox, Libreoffice, Ubuntu......

Re: New Roller Theme available: LightWord

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
awesome ;)

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <d....@auckland.ac.nz>.
On 17/12/10 09:51 AM, Ralf Eichinger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> after some days working with Apache Roller (and asking some questions here
> in the forum) I want to contribute something back: the new theme called
> "lightword"!)

Great work - very nice theme! :)

Cheers,
Dave

RE: Just Lost All My Graphics

Posted by Nelson Chamberlain <nc...@ceradyne.com>.
This is great. Thanks so much for all this help. I have added uploads.dir and search.index.dir to my roller-custom.properties and restarted and everything seems to be going great.

I'm looking forward to the upgrade to Roller 5

Thanks again

Nelson

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

RE: Just Lost All My Graphics

Posted by Nelson Chamberlain <nc...@ceradyne.com>.
Bravo! I took your suggestion and added uploads.dir=/documents and settings/.... to my roller-custom.properties and restarted Roller and all of my graphics were back! Hopefully we won't have any more graphics go missing in the future.

Thanks for your help!

Nelson

Posted by Christopher Dodunski <Ch...@christopher.net.nz>.
Hi Nelson,

Re: Just Lost All My Graphics

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Nelson Chamberlain
<nc...@ceradyne.com> wrote:
> Thank you so much!  This is a huge help and a great relief to have found my graphics files. I actually found them in the home folder of several different users, apparently once each time a different admin logged on the server.
>
> If you don't mind answering another newbie question, where can I find the uploads.dir setting? I'd like to set it to my home folder since I expect to be the Roller admin for the forseeable future.

When you installed Roller, you probably created a file called
roller-custom.properties and put it somewhere in your Tomcat
classpath, perhaps in the Tomcat install directory in a subdirectory
named 'lib' or 'shared/classes'

In that file you should set the 'uploads.dir. property to the
full-path of the directory where you want Roller to store file
uploads. In the uploads directory, Roller will create a subdirectory
for each blog (named with the blog handle). You should be able to
merge the various upload directories in each admin user's directory
you now have in to one.

You should also change set the search.index.dir, so that you don't
have the same problem with the Roller search index.

- Dave

RE: Just Lost All My Graphics

Re: Just Lost All My Graphics

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Just Lost All My Graphics

Posted by Christopher Dodunski <Ch...@christopher.net.nz>.
Hi Ralf,

Regarding the need for the URL to include the handle, my work-around was
by way of URL rewriting (as explained in the case study).  It's not ideal,
but it does the trick - simply and cleanly.

The handle uniquely identifies a particular weblog.  The trick would be,
in the case of dedicated domains (1:1 relationship), to hide the handle
from the outside world.  Handles should only appear in HTTP requests where
there is a 'one to many' relationship between domains and weblogs.  I
expect this is quite a deviation from the Roller 4 methodology, however,
and may require rewriting of fair chunks of code.  Perhaps Dave can
elaborate on this point?  The logic is simple enough.

Regards,

Chris Dodunski.

Posted by Ralf Eichinger <ra...@pixotec.de>.
Hi Christopher,

Christopher Dodunski-4 wrote:

> Nice work on the "LightWord" theme!  I think this is the ONE area Apache
> Roller isn't strong - professional looking themes.  Did you adapt a PHP
> theme for Roller by translating it into Velocity?

As described I saved the preview of the theme: saved files are pure HTML,
CSS, Javascript, images
After that I made it locally work and then created the theme (Velocity
files).

Christopher Dodunski-4 wrote:

> I am not familiar with Velocity.  However, I contributed the following
> multi-domain case study:
>
> http://assets.optomus.com/documents/Roller%205%20-%20Multi-domain%20Case%20Study.pdf
>
> (I hope you don't mind me pasting the link here)

I used this documentation to setup my system ;-).
One thin still annoying:
Each blog needs an unique handler (like "roller", "pairoo", you name it).
The subdomain and domain name are not sufficient, yet.
You still have to redirect to the handler.

And if you type the handler of subdomain A after the subdomain/domain part
of subdomain B you will see the blog of subdomain A....

Do you have a solution / patch for Apache Roller?

Christopher Dodunski-4 wrote:

> P.S. I am hoping to make it up to your part of the world in 2011.  Italy
> and Scandanavia are high on my 'places to visit' list.  Great music from
> up your way too... Roxette, Ace of Base, A-Ha, etc.  Morten Harket is a
> wonderful vocalist.

;-) welcome to Europe!

Re: New Roller Theme available: LightWord

Posted by Christopher Dodunski <Ch...@christopher.net.nz>.
[Copy of comment posted on your blog page...]

Hi Ralf,

Nice work on the "LightWord" theme!  I think this is the ONE area Apache
Roller isn't strong - professional looking themes.  Did you adapt a PHP
theme for Roller by translating it into Velocity?

I am not familiar with Velocity.  However, I contributed the following
multi-domain case study:

http://assets.optomus.com/documents/Roller%205%20-%20Multi-domain%20Case%20Study.pdf

(I hope you don't mind me pasting the link here)

Best regards,

Chris Dodunski.