Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sa...@ebay.com> on 2015/06/22 02:56:51 UTC

Has anyone tried Hive on Spark with Kylin

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/02/download-the-hive-on-spark-beta/

Curious if our cube build times would be any different replace Hive with Hive on Spark…

Regards
Seshu

Re: Has anyone tried Hive on Spark with Kylin

Posted by Jakob Stengård <ja...@gmail.com>.
I would suggest starting out with supporting Tez. It currently performs
slightly better than hive on spark, and it's a lot more stable than hive on
spark. Google some of the hortonworks benchmarks for hive on spark and you
will see what I mean.