Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by guo yingshou <gu...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2004/03/06 10:57:10 UTC

Filter causing memory on TC-5.0.18 and 5.0.19

Hi,

We are experiencing memory leak using both tomcat
5.0.18 and 5.0.19. After several days fumbling, we
finally focus our attention on the filters we used in
our app. To rule out any programming causes, we write
a filter which do nothing except logging message to
console before and after FilterChain's doFilter. We
use jmeter to load test it and found out the memory
usage of tomcat continuously go steadly up util it
finally crashed. If we comment out the filter, the
memory usage will be stabilized on a number in
accordance with the number of concurrent users.

We want to know if it's a known problem or not. We are
using it in our production system and almost driven
crazy by the memory leak problem. We search hard in
the archive and found many, many questions in regards
of this.  I wonder if any one would be kindly enough
to share their knoweledge. For those who have asked
questions about memory leak in TC,I want to know:

1. whether or not you have found out the cause in your
specific situation.
2. what is your solution or work around.

I guess that must be valuable to all of us here.

thanks,

yingshou