Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/19 12:19:16 UTC

Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

Hi

As discussed here:
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/MP-JWT-progress-tp4683480p4683612.html

I'd like migrate our old SVN sandbox to a git repository.

I've also had someone ping me (not on the mailing list) asking for the
OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin - I'd therefore like to bring it up to date and have
a Git repository for that too.

Does anyone object? If not, I'll create tomee-sandbox and
tomee-eclipse-plugin and migrate those over.

Thanks

Jon

Re: Git repos for sandbox and openejb-eclipse-plugin

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
:

> 1. We haven't. WTP functionality makes up about 50% of the plugin. It could
> be that the other 50% is no use to anyone, although it did have some users
> in the past. I'd like to at least work on it, and I'm ok if that is back in
> the sandbox. If that then moves to WTP, because that's best in the long
> run, that is cool with me.

Let's do it this way then (tomee then propose @wtp) rather than the
opposite since we have no entry point yet and are in minority for now.
Can be interesting to compete the idea integration which is promoted as
complete but not as much as your plugin ;).

> 2. I can't remember the mechanics of it, but we did manage it at one point
> - effectively the update site is an extracted zip, and that zip is a
> voted-upon artifact.

I thought - can be wrong - it was using svn which is now highly not
encouraged but anyway if we can make it it would ease the usage (but can be
done after a few releases).

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
+1