Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/22 03:15:39 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.4-0-HBase-0.98 released

The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of the 4.4.0-HBase-0.98 release compatible with HBase 0.98.x.
Highlights include:

- spark integration[1]
- query server[2]
- support for user defined functions[3]
- pherf - load tester measures throughput[4]
- support union All and union queries in subquery[5].
- 7.5x performance improvement for non aggregate, unordered queries
- many math and date/time buit-in functions
- mr job to populate indexes
- improvements in tracing and monitoring.
- some more improvements in CBO
- over 70 bug fixes and etc...

The release is available through maven or may be downloaded here [6].

Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible!

Regards,
The Apache Phoenix Team

[1] http://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_spark.html
[2] http://phoenix.apache.org/server.html
[3] http://phoenix.apache.org/udf.html
[4] http://phoenix.apache.org/pherf.html
[5] http://phoenix.apache.org/language/index.html#select
[6] http://phoenix.apache.org/download.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.4-0-HBase-0.98 released

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
I think the JIRA version also needs to be marked as released and the issues
marked "closed".

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com>.
Rajeshbabu,

Posted by Josh Mahonin <jm...@interset.com>.