Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Ma, June" <ju...@commerceone.com> on 2000/11/01 02:39:36 UTC

errors while running samples

Hi,

I just installed xalan-j_1_2.zip
<http://xml.apache.org/dist/xalan-j/xalan-j_1_2.zip>  on Win NT
and I have Java 1.2.2 on my machine.
When I was trying to run ApplyXPath sample (java ApplyXPath foo.xml  /), I
got this error:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node:
method
 supports(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Z not found  "
Looks like it's an setup error, but I can figure out the reason. I believe I
have the path and classpath setup correctly.
Any help will be appreciated .
Thanks,
-June

Re: errors while running samples

Posted by Benoit Cerrina <be...@writeme.com>.
Make sure the version of xerces.jar you use is the one supplied with xalan
and that you don't have another xml parser in your classpath, this could
come from a different definition of the
org.w3c.dom.Node interface than the one expected by xalan.
Benoit