Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/04 21:52:22 UTC

Newest Tapestry version for Java 8

I could probably figure this out myself eventually, but does anyone know
whether the new Tapestry version 5.8 works with a Java 8 runtime?  The
https://tapestry.apache.org/supported-environments-and-versions.html page
doesn't quite say.

Re: Newest Tapestry version for Java 8

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Bob!

Tapestry 5.8 should work with Java 8. It's compiled with that version as
both target and source. I do know a large webapp which runs on Java 8 and
Tapestry 5.7.3 (which is basically the same as 5.8.0 besides the later
version having a few new features and bug fixes).

--
Thiago