Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2023/06/12 10:05:03 UTC

Will there be an 18-u1?

Hi,

We have three PRs that have merged recently with Cherry Pick labels.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues?q=label%3A%22Cherry+Pick%22+is%3Aclosed+milestone%3ANB19

There are also one or two other potential fixes, (eg. maybe
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6049 ), that come to mind.

Do we need a NetBeans 18 update release?  What would be in it?  Is
anyone interested in leading release management for an NB18 update?
Anyone happy to handle cherry picking the PRs on to release180?

There was mention of a VSCode update soon too?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: [External] : Will there be an 18-u1?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 at 09:47, Chris Luff <ch...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hey Neil, I am particularly keen to see #5993 dropped into an update release. I am happy to do the cherry pick, but this would be my first time inside the apache/netbeans repo.

Thanks, Chris.  Unfortunately, that's only part of the puzzle - would
also need a PMC member who wants to lead this through.  Happy to help
with some of the infra stuff, but I'm not going to RM it - currently
catching up on a whole bunch of other things I need to get done.

Posted by Chris Luff <ch...@oracle.com>.
Hey Neil, I am particularly keen to see #5993 dropped into an update release. I am happy to do the cherry pick, but this would be my first time inside the apache/netbeans repo.

I’ve already played the three listed on top of release180 and built locally and checked the tomcat Javadoc issue now works.

Luff

Re: Will there be an 18-u1?

Posted by Martin Balín <ma...@windowslive.com>.
Yes, I will branch from master for VSNetBeans soon.
Martin

Re: Will there be an 18-u1?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: Will there be an 18-u1?

Posted by Martin Balin <mb...@apache.org>.
Hi,
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5998
#5978: Maven/priming optimization by sdedic · Pull Request #5998 · apache/netbeans
github.com
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5869