Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Matthew Karlsen <MK...@idbs.com> on 2016/03/07 18:41:25 UTC

Appending large(ish) message in transformer (body or stream)?

Hello All,

I am attempting to either set the message body or append a stream (with a similar approach to that described in https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.0.0/large-messages.html ) within an ActiveMQ Artemis *transformer*.

The desired "payload" is up to about 50 megs in size...

My question is (hopefully) straight forward, though I have been unable to find a clear answer using Google. I would like to know whether the above is actually possible (?) or whether I am trying to do the impossible.

>From looking at http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.activemq/artemis-commons/1.0.0/org/apache/activemq/artemis/utils/TypedProperties.java#TypedProperties.setObjectProperty%28org.apache.activemq.artemis.api.core.SimpleString%2Cjava.lang.Object%2Corg.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.TypedProperties%29 it seems that I can only set wrapped primitives from within the transformer?

On the setting message body front, message.getBodyBuffer().clear(); followed by message.getBodyBuffer().writeNullableString(messageContent); seemed to work in HornetQ for a string but I have, as of yet, been unable to get this working within Artemis.

Thank you for any pointers,
Regards,
Matthew