Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Susanta Mohapatra <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/07 21:39:34 UTC

SSL Self-signed certificate problem JDK1.5

Hi all,

I am trying to import a self-signed certificate into the default java
keystore "cacerts" ( Java version 1.5 ). The certificate is imported
successfully but when I try to use HttpClient library to connect to the
server, I run into the error

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts:getSSLException

I found some articles by googling that you need to make a new jks keystore
by importing the self-signed certificate. But I want to do it on the
default keystore "cacerts". I don't want to relax the constraints of
certificate checks at client side.

Please help me out with the correct solution for the issue.

Thanks
Susanta

[NET] SSL Self-signed certificate problem JDK1.5

Re: SSL Self-signed certificate problem JDK1.5

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Susanta,

The commons-httpclient is no longer maintained as commons component,
it has a new home at HTTPComponents in ASF - I suggest you posting the
question in the proper ML[1].

HTH,
-Simo

[1] http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/mail-lists.html