Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Chatterjee, Urmi" <Ur...@ca.com> on 2004/04/02 18:32:19 UTC

Compiling Xalan 1.7 with .NET 2003

Hi,

I am trying to compile Xalan 1.7 on .NET 2003. I have a couple of
questions:

1.	Is Xerces 2.5 the right version to use?
2.	I am getting compilation errors as follows:

..\..\..\..\src\xalanc\PlatformSupport\XalanMessageLoader.hpp(67) :
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LocalMsgIndex.hpp': No
such file or directory

I have not been able to locate the specified file.

Until now, I had been using Xalan 1.6 with Xerces 2.3 and compiling on
VC 6.0, and the default project options worked without me making any
changes. Are there any changes I need to make to the project in this
case?

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks,

Urmi

RE: Compiling Xalan 1.7 with .NET 2003

Posted by Mark Weaver <ma...@npsl.co.uk>.

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile Xalan 1.7 on .NET 2003. I have a couple of
> questions:
>
> Is Xerces 2.5 the right version to use?
> I am getting compilation errors as follows:
>
> ..\..\..\..\src\xalanc\PlatformSupport\XalanMessageLoader.hpp(67) :
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LocalMsgIndex.hpp': No
> such file or directory

I can report success building Xalan 1.7 with .NET 2003, Xerces 2.5 and ICU 2.6.2.  Roughly, I did:

- Build ICU
- Add ICU include/library/dll paths to VC projects directories
- Build Xerces (using scripts/packageBinaries.pl -t icu -m icu -j)
- Add Xerces include/library/dll paths to VC projects directories
- Build Xalan

XalanEXE fails due to largeint.h being missing so I cooked up an implementation of this, but since VC7 is supported for Xalan 1.8 I assume that this has already been fixed somehow in CVS (I can provide the file if necessary, it's nothing complicated).

Pretty much everything worked after that.

Good luck with it, but I thought I'd let you know it was at least possible!