Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2017/04/12 16:36:33 UTC

Please welcome our newest committer: Douglas Service

Hi,

I am happy to report that last week, the PMC invited Douglas Service
to be our newest committer and that Doug has accepted that invitation.

Welcome to the team, Doug!

Markus

Re: Please welcome our newest committer: Douglas Service

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone. I am very excited to be working on REEF, but I still have
a lot to learn about the code base and being a committer. Right now I am
coming up to speed on Tang which is quite complicated though very
interesting as I am using it extensively in the Parallel R demo I mentioned
last week. When the demo is done (soon I hope) I will be going back to
finishing up the port to .NET Core 2.0 and .NET Standard 2.0 which is a big
priority for REEF so we can run C# REEF applications on Linux. I am
currently running VS 2017 without VS 2015 installed to insure this will
continue to be a viable environment as we shift to it over the next few
months.

Doug

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Congrats! Welcome, Doug!

--
Byung-Gon Chun

RE: Please welcome our newest committer: Douglas Service

Posted by Shouheng Yi <sh...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Welcome Doug. Looking forward to working with you!