Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Kurt Hong <ku...@uangel.com> on 2012/12/05 01:50:03 UTC

TCP Sampler - "Waiting for response" option and improving option UI

Dear JMeter developers,

How do you think about an addition of "Waiting  for response" option to TCP Sampler and  TCP Sampler Config?

I think, in order to support some asynchronous communication test, that will be helpful.

Also we need to improve checkbox options on TCP Sampler/Config as checkbox options on TCP Config are meaningless at the moment. We have two options so far.
- Change checkboxes to selectbox(none/true/false)
- Change checkboxes to tri-state checkbox - do we have any plan for developing JMeterTriStateCheckBox? Or shall I? Or just go selectbox for TCP Sampler?

What do you think?

Thank you!

RE: TCP Sampler - "Waiting for response" option and improving option UI

Posted by Kurt Hong <ku...@uangel.com>.
> So effectively you would like the TCP sampler to support write-only and read-only modes?
> But in each case, the sampler would wait for the write (or read) to complete?
> That should not be too hard to implement.
Yes, right.

> Though I think you would find it easier to write your own TCP writer/reader that handled all the heartbeats.
Also, on TCP Sampler level, if there is "read-only" option, that will work.

Anyhow, you think that will not that helpful widely.

Thank you!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.