Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/14 06:59:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1102619 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/externals.c

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:13,  <rh...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rhuijben
> Date: Fri May 13 09:13:49 2011
> New Revision: 1102619

> Log:
> * subversion/libsvn_client/externals.c
>  (handle_external_item_change_wrapper): Following up on r1102502, revert
>    accidental change by temporary turning the code off in maintainer builds.

Why would that be turned off for developers? It seems that we should
be running code as close to production as possible. It seems a bit
backwards: developers should be running *more* code (eg. assertions
and other checks) rather than *less* code.

Cheers,
-g

RE: svn commit: r1102619 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_client/externals.c

Posted by Bert Huijben <be...@qqmail.nl>.

The code I temporarily disabled turns errors into warnings by sending them
to the notification handler. The regex based parsers in our test framework
then ignores these warnings and the test thinks the update was successful.

So disabling this code adds additional checks...

	Bert