Posted to user@hive.apache.org by mahender bigdata <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2015/12/04 01:25:00 UTC

Hive Support for Unicode languages

Hi Team,

Does hive supports Hive Unicode like UTF-8,UTF-16 and UTF-32. I would
like to see different language supported in hive table. Is there any
serde which can show exactly japanese, chineses character rather than
showing symbols on Hive console.

-Mahender

Re: Hive Support for Unicode languages

Posted by Devopam Mittra <de...@gmail.com>.
Presuming you are using some utility like Cygwin/Putty etc. to access Hive
CLI , you would need to configure the settings of this application for
supporting extended charset display.

Easy/Quick option to verify the support will be by using some data browser
application (e.g. Talend ) to sample data from an existing table where you
have unicode sample records.

Hope I understood your requirement right...

regards
Dev

--
Devopam Mittra