Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by SEGALIS Morgan <ms...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/25 16:01:39 UTC

Which Topology fits best ?

Hi everyone,
I need one more time your precious advice.

I would like to create a 2 nodes cluster, each node are on a different
DataCenter, but with the same provider, ping between the 2 servers is fast:
~0,5 ms, and the bandwidth is great: ~ 1GB/s

is, org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy with replication factor set
to 2 is a good practice ?

Or should I org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy with DC1:1
and DC2:1
(if this is the correct way to use NetworkTopologyStrategy, not sure at
100%)

Thank you for your time.

Re: Which Topology fits best ?

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know they're effectively the same.  NetworkTopologyStrategy is
useful when you want to set up separate RF per DC, such as if you want to
have an analytics DC with lower RF to save money.

Re: Which Topology fits best ?

Posted by SEGALIS Morgan <ms...@gmail.com>.
Thank you both for your precious advices !

--
Morgan SEGALIS

Re: Which Topology fits best ?

Posted by mck <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: Which Topology fits best ?

Posted by SEGALIS Morgan <ms...@gmail.com>.
However I guess it can be easily changed ? doesn' it ?

--
Morgan SEGALIS

Re: Which Topology fits best ?