Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/01 04:29:47 UTC

how to find out who is logging in?

All,

I manage an intranet environment with 3 web app servers running Tomcat.
There is load balancing between these 3 servers. If a user, says John, logs
on to the system, his session will be randomly on one of these 3 servers.
Now, how can I find out which server John's session is on?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

epy.

Re: how to find out who is logging in?

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
This is doable, but you have to do it by yourself. If you want it on
the client side (in John's browser) just let your webapp set a cookie.
If you need it on the server side, your webapp has to perform it's own
session management. If you have to write this solution by yourself
you'll end up with approx. 100 lines of code.

regards
Leon