Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ricky <ri...@virtual-map.com> on 2004/07/05 11:20:34 UTC

Tomcat Stability Problem

Hi All,
Our company facing Tomcat Stability problem.
>From time to time the server always go down.
Usually mod_jk connection who died.
I know that because when i access tomcat directly via port 8080,
its still working ok.
Sometimes server generated "to many connection" error.
I already set maximum connection on mysql to 900 but sometimes its still not enough.
Sometimes error "to many open files" occur on catalina.out

Our currect configuration are:

Linux 2.4.20-24.8smp
Apache 2.0.40-11.7
Tomcat 4-4.1.24
j2sdk 1.4.0_01
MySQL 4.0.16
Mod_jk connector

How I can set best configuration that can handle many connection.
Did anyone facing stability issue with tomcat too?

Is tomcat stable for production?
Is there any other jsp server that more stable.
I can see the friendster using JSP and their server show error many times.

Right now we setting new server with all new software version.

Linux version 2.6.3-4mdkenterprise (mandrake 10)
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.48
Tomcat 5-5.0.24-3jpp
j2sdk 1.4.2_04
Mod_Jk2 Connector
MySQL 4.0.18

We load test new server with apache JMeter,
Its down with configuration thread=50, loop=20
with error message outofmemory.
After that i have to flush mysql and restart tomcat.

We are worried that new server will not solve our problem.
Is it posible the problem is in our programs?

Thank you very much, if this topic already discuss, can someone point me to the archive, because i can't found one.

Best Regards,

Ricky