Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jean-Francois Nadeau <th...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/22 17:09:31 UTC

Recover VM after KVM host down (and HA not working) ?

Good morning,

New to ACS and doing a POC with 4.10 on Centos 7 and KVM.

Im trying to recover VMs after an host failure (powered off from OOB).

Primary storage is NFS and IPMI is configured for the KVM hosts.  Zone is
advanced mode with vlan separation and created a shared network with no
services since I wish to use an external DHCP.

First,  say I don't have a compute offering with HA enabled and a KVM host
goes down...  I can't put it in maintenance mode while down and disabling
it have no effect on the state of the lost VMs.  VM stays in running state
according to manager.   What should I do to force restart on remaining
healthy hosts ?

Then I enabled  IPMI on all KVM hosts and attempted the same experience
with a compute offering with HA enabled.   Same result.  Manager do see the
host as disconnected and powered off but take no action.   I certainly miss
something here.  Please help !

Regards,

Jean-Francois