Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Zoetebier <jo...@transparent.co.nz> on 2002/12/24 04:42:01 UTC

Virtual server document root mapping

How can I map more than 1 Apache virtual server to root url path ?

The syntax for WebAppDeploy is:
WebAppDeploy [application name] [connection name] [url path]

For example I have 2 virtual web servers example1.com and example2.com
Now I cannot use:
WebAppDeploy example1 warp /
WebAppDeploy example2 warp /

Apache does not accept 2 servers on the same url path.
As a consequence I have to enter in the browser:
1. http://example1.com/example1/index.html
2. http://example1.com/example2/index.html

This is not very user friendly.
Is there a way around this problem ?

--
John Zoetebier

Re: Virtual server document root mapping

Posted by John Zoetebier <jo...@transparent.co.nz>.
Found a simple solution to virtual host root mapping.
For each virtual host in Apache configuration file define 1 webapp pointing to
root path.
No changes required to server.xml Tomcat file !

For example:
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.10>
	ServerName banking.tsl010
	DocumentRoot /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/banking
	DirectoryIndex login.jsp
	WebAppDeploy banking warpConnection /
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.10>
	ServerName storefront.tsl010
	DocumentRoot /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/storefront
	DirectoryIndex index.jsp
	WebAppDeploy storefront warpConnection /
</VirtualHost>

Now the webapps can be addressed with:
http://banking.tsl010
http://storefront.tsl010

Note: setup server names in DNS server or local hosts file

--
John Zoetebier