Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Giri Alwar <ga...@str.com> on 2000/08/03 16:03:56 UTC

Ant and Visual SourceSafe

Has anyone had any luck getting files from Visual Source Safe using the optional "VssGet" task in Ant 1.1 (you need to get optional.jar to run this task)? Although I have optional.jar in my classpath, Ant keeps telling me that it cannot find a task called VssGet. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Giri

Re: Ant and Visual SourceSafe

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 GA> Ant keeps telling me that it cannot find a task called VssGet.

Did you try <vssget> instead of <VssGet>?

Stefan

RE: Ant and Visual SourceSafe

Posted by Luigi Fioravanti <lu...@txt.it>.
This build file works correctly in my system.

<project name="compilaSMS" default="compile" basedir=".">
  <target name="init">
    <property name="javadir" value="src"/>
    <property name="classdir" value="src"/>
    <property name="SMSjar" value="d:\progetti\sms\jar"/>
  </target>
  <target name="vss" depends="init">
    <vssget vsspath="/webedit/src" localpath="${javadir}" recursive="true"
       ssdir="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\VSS\win32"/>
  </target>
  <target name="compile" depends="init">
    <javac srcdir="${javadir}" destdir="${classdir}" debug="on">
      <classpath>
      </classpath>
    </javac>
  </target>
  <target name="getandcompile" depends="vss, compile"/>
</project>

In the %ant_home%\bin I put optional.jar.

I use standard ant.bat file for WinNT, that automatically puts all jar file
found in %ant_home%\lib in the classpath used to start ant.

That's all, I think.

Luigi Fioravanti.

Luigi Fioravanti
TXT e-solutions S.p.A.

e-mail: luigi.fioravanti@txt.it
address:    via Socrate, 41 - 20128 - Milano - Italy