Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jon Drukman <js...@cluttered.com> on 2006/06/01 02:09:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2: No groups file?

I'm trying to use a (rather old) module called mod_auth_mda to do cookie
authentication.  The new Apache 2.2 authentication stuff is confusing me
though.

Relevant config file lines:

LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule mda_auth_module modules/mod_auth_mda.so
MD5CryptKey SecretPassword

<directory /var/httpd/htdocs>
MDAAuthLoginURL "http://login.example.com/"
AuthName MDAAuth
AuthType MDA
MDARealmMask 0000
require valid-user
</directory>

This is exactly what I used for Apache 2.0 (modulo the new auth module
names) and it worked fine.  In Apache 2.2 any request to the protected
directory gives a 500 Server Error and this message in the log:

[Wed May 31 17:02:04 2006] [crit] [client 10.16.172.165] configuration
error:  couldn't check access.  No groups file?: /pages/updates.php

I tried "AuthBasicAuthoritative Off" - no dice.

I tried commenting out mod_authz_host and mod_auth_basic - they
shouldn't be needed for this.  Same error though.  Ideas?

-jsd-