Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2000/06/27 03:50:20 UTC

Re: Named Document Implementation Proposal (was Re: Another Bug inXerces112; DOMParser.startElement())

Ramesh wrote:
> No, actually this proposal does not force one to extend DocumentImpl
> at all. That is the whole point of the proposal.

Creating a new interface still requires people to commit to the
"Xerces" way of implementing a DOM. We could certainly add such
an interface but I don't know if it would help much. I wish the
W3C interfaces had the necessary methods for this kind of
functionality.

What I have done is modify the code so that if the implementation
set by name via the document-class-name property subclasses
DocumentImpl, it can still take advantage of the Xerces methods.
But looking at the changed code again, I think I have a few
modifications to make so that it works correctly. I'll make sure
that it works by the time we do another release.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: Named Document Implementation Proposal (was Re: Another Bug inXerces112; DOMParser.startElement())

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Andy Clark wrote:
> But looking at the changed code again, I think I have a few
> modifications to make so that it works correctly. I'll make sure
> that it works by the time we do another release.

I just made a few modifications. I think this one will work
better.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org