Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/21 14:15:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Hi,

This is a vote for the 18th milestone of the 1.0.0 LDAP API/Shared,
1.0.0-M18.

It's a bug fix release, and it will be followed by a release of
ApachedDS 2.0.0-M13 and Studio 2.0.0-M8 this afternoon.

It contains a few bug fixes and improvements :

  * [DIRAPI-112 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-112>] -
    Review Package Names
  * [DIRAPI-130 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-130>] -
    The extended responses are not decoded into their respective type
  * [DIRAPI-132 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-132>] -
    Add support for the StartTLS operation
  * [DIRAPI-133 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-133>] -
    Correlate an extendedResponse with its associated request, when we
    don't have a responseName
  * [DIRAPI-139 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-139>] -
    o.a.d.api.ldap.codec.api.LdapEncoder should log encoded PDU via DEBUG
  * [DIRAPI-140 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-140>] -
    Test ClientSearchRequestTest.testSubDn() fails
  * [DIRAPI-147 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-147>] -
    LdifEntry equals method does not compare entry attributes when
    changetype is None

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/r1495321

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M18

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-048/

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M18
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Emmanuel

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
verified sources, looking good

[X] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1

Re: [Result] [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
For your info, there might be a small issue on the OSGI part of this release.

I'm getting a weird error in Eclipse when integrating the latest trunk (and version 1.0.0-M18) with Apache Directory Studio.
The Manifest file for the LDAP Schema project seems a little buggy.
I haven't quite figure out what exactly yet, but it related to "Import-Package" and "Export-Package" instructions being computed by the "maven-bundle-plugin".

This Maven plugin was upgraded to version 2.4.0 just before the release and it seems to be the cause.
I'm not quite sure that's really a bug on this version of the plugin, it's probably some tuning we need to do in the OSGI instructions in the pom.xml file.
I don't have the good formula yet.

Anyways, in the meantime and, to be able to release Apache Directory Studio later this afternoon, I'll move back to version 2.3.7 (which works flawlessly) in the "project" pom, and also release a fixed version of the LDAP API: 1.0.0-M19 (including fixes from Emmanuel as well).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
> [X] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Thanks
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Release of LDAP API 1.0.0-M18

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

Finally took the time to take a look at the source tag and the distributions.
Looks good to me!