Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by chandraprakash mishra <cp...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 12:30:52 UTC

how we can avoid conflict if using two separate cs env with common resources

Hello,
           I have setup two CS env but both are using same infrastructure
.Now i am getting a lot of conflict problem due to separate db

Env1-    CS1 --> DB1

Env2-     CS2 --> DB2

*Conflict scenario :*

1) during vm creation it was found that vm-id had been conflicted in xen
host
2) during template creation it was found that template has been conflicted
in secondary storage
     eg.
               created one template from CS1 and one template from CS2 .Now
both template created vhd file in one folder.
 .             $ cat 2/204/
                                   160eaf67-a20a-37f0-83c9-326915990efc.vhd

                                   392b128e-0b4c-3a8b-9bf5-3488dd026816.vhd
                                   template.properties

My concern is
                      1)  how we can avoid conflict  ?
                      2) is there any option for reserved resources and
avoid conflict ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
 cpm

Re: how we can avoid conflict if using two separate cs env with common resources

Posted by chandraprakash mishra <cp...@gmail.com>.
is there possible to upgrade CS(with db) with zero downtime ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Chandra Prakash Mishra

Re: how we can avoid conflict if using two separate cs env with common resources

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Hi chandraprakash,

Posted by chandraprakash mishra <cp...@gmail.com>.
thanks for replied to me.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Chandra Prakash Mishra

Re: how we can avoid conflict if using two separate cs env with common resources

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.