Posted to release-discuss@apache.org by he...@free.fr on 2018/08/07 20:50:12 UTC

MPOM-205 creating source release checksums in target for Apache dist area

Hi,

Recently, Apache distribution policy changed regarding checksums [1]: now, SHA-256 or SHA-512 checksums are required.

This lead to discussion about changing checksums used on Maven repository and/or Apache Nexus repository.

But Maven repository requirements and Apache source distribution requirements are completely independant: why tie them?

I just implemented SHA-256 and SHA-512 checksums tracked through MPOM-205 [2]:
1. only for Apache source release files
2. only in local build, available in target/ directory (nothing related to Maven repository nor deploy)

See the related Git branch [3]

Anything to add before I merge this branch to master?
And eventually launch Apache parent POM 21 release quite soon...

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-205

[3] https://github.com/apache/maven-apache-parent/tree/MPOM-205

Re: MPOM-205 creating source release checksums in target for Apache dist area

Posted by he...@free.fr.
no objection: update merged with existing checksum-maven-plugin

the maintainer created a new 1.7 version for us to add a failIfNoFiles feature

if someone creates a plugin that is more adapted, we can change in the future

if nobody beats me at it, I'll start a release in one week from now

regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.