Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2019/02/12 13:31:04 UTC

Renaming NON GUI mode into CLI mode

Hello,

What do you think or replacing or adding everywhere Non GUI  is mentioned
the "CLI  mode" notion ?

Indeed, if you look at concurrent load test tools (OSS or Commerical), they
all use the Cli mode notion, and use this argument as being a plus for
automation.

Non GUI mode notion for JMeter is not meaningful for non jmeter users.
I know in a previous proposal, Milamber wrote it was not really CLI.
But IMO, if we compare it to other tool that use this notion, it is CLI.

So why loose another good argument to select JMeter by keeping this Non GUI
thing ?

Thoughts ?
Regards
Philippe

Re: Renaming NON GUI mode into CLI mode

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 14/02/2019 18:55, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> If I modify
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/trunk/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java#L368
>
> Is it a problem ?

Yes, the docs branch don't manage a new release of JMeter. If you modify
a source code file, than mean a new release.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Bruno,
I did what I had to do.

If you can double check on your side.