Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rakhi Khatwani <rk...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 11:18:00 UTC

Solr Queries

Hi,
     Suppose i have a content field of type text.
an example on content field is as shown below:
"After frustrated waiting period to get my credit card from the ICICI Bank,
today I decided to write them a online petition stating my problem... Below
is the unedited version of letter I sent to ICICI... "
1. Can i use promixity search for 2 phrases  "frustrated waiting"
and "credit card"??
(i wanted to perform a search checking if "frustrated waiting" and "credit
card" are within 10 words using proximity search.)
where frustrated waiting and credit card are exact phrases (i.e. can i
search on it as a whole word.. n not 2 different words in different parts in
a document)
does solr support this kinda operation. if so how do we structure our query.
or could you gimme an example?
Thanks
Raakhi Khatwani.

Re: Solr Queries

Posted by AHMET ARSLAN <io...@yahoo.com>.
> Hi,
>      Suppose i have a content field of
> type text.
> an example on content field is as shown below:
> "After frustrated waiting period to get my credit card from
> the ICICI Bank,
> today I decided to write them a online petition stating my
> problem... Below
> is the unedited version of letter I sent to ICICI... "
> 1. Can i use promixity search for 2 phrases
> "frustrated waiting"
> and "credit card"??
> (i wanted to perform a search checking if "frustrated
> waiting" and "credit
> card" are within 10 words using proximity search.)
> where frustrated waiting and credit card are exact phrases
> (i.e. can i
> search on it as a whole word.. n not 2 different words in
> different parts in
> a document)
> does solr support this kinda operation. if so how do we
> structure our query.
> or could you gimme an example?
> Thanks
> Raakhi Khatwani.

Similar discussion was:
http://old.nabble.com/Nested-phrases-with-proximity-in-Solr-td26012747.html

with surround your query would be :
(frustrated w waiting) 10w (credit w card)

Hope this helps.