Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nikhilesh goel <ni...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/04/27 10:40:58 UTC

Parse error in web.xml

Hello,

I am facing an error in getting tomcat to display even
my index page. When invoking the url i get an HTTP
Status 404 error "The requested resource (/) is not
available". The log gives the following error:
2005-04-21 10:59:15 ContextConfig[/manager] Parse
error in default web.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.defaultConfig(ContextConfig.java:548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:638)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:24
I have tried copied the web.xml files from another
running server lest there be some problem with
unclosed tags etc but the problem continues to
persist.
I would be obliged if anyone could throw some light on
this problem

Regards
Nikhilesh

Re: Parse error in web.xml

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 4/27/05, nikhilesh goel <ni...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am facing an error in getting tomcat to display even
> my index page. When invoking the url i get an HTTP
> Status 404 error "The requested resource (/) is not
> available". The log gives the following error:
> 2005-04-21 10:59:15 ContextConfig[/manager] Parse
> error in default web.xml
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.defaultConfig(ContextConfig.java:548)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:638)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:24
> I have tried copied the web.xml files from another
> running server lest there be some problem with
> unclosed tags etc but the problem continues to
> persist.
> I would be obliged if anyone could throw some light on
> this problem
>
> Regards
> Nikhilesh

Take a look at CATALINA_HOME\conf\web.xml. If another one is available
replace with that one.
--
Anto Paul