Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 17:12:59 UTC

UX issue w/ registry + NiFi

I'm working with a team that's doing some very visible work with the
registry, and one of the leads showed me that if someone even slightly
moves a UI element it registers as a change if the PG is versioned. That's
what they expect, but they'd really like the ability to lock down
components as they're working on them and then be able to lock down an
entire PG once they're done with it. I added a Jira ticket for it here:

I know 1.7.0 is supposed to go up for a release vote soon, but I think this
ticket is a good UX reason to hold off a little.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: UX issue w/ registry + NiFi

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

Seems like a perfectly reasonable discussion can be had on that JIRA
and I'll comment there on it.

But 1.7.0 already has a lot of great improvements, fixes, features in
it.  I dont see the JIRA suggested as being the type of thing to push
the release for.

Thanks
Joe

Re: UX issue w/ registry + NiFi

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a plan. When someone picks it up let me know and I will supply
the users with test builds to get some user feedback to whoever picks it up.

Re: UX issue w/ registry + NiFi

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Mike,