Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> on 2006/06/02 12:02:39 UTC

Autocreate topics on startup

Hi,

Can I create topics on AMQ startup? I need to give only write or read
permission for topic to some group, but I don't wish to give them ability to
create new topics.

Re: Connection close

Posted by Adrian Tarau <ad...@daxtechnologies.com>.
In incubator-activemq-4-0.

And I meant to say : "

and the connection and *broker* on a shutdown hook:

Re: Connection close

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: Connection close

Posted by Adrian Tarau <ad...@daxtechnologies.com>.

Re: Connection close

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Connection close

Posted by Adrian Tarau <ad...@daxtechnologies.com>.
I have broker with VM connector and I keep one session to this
connector. After a while I cannot consume messages, I got
"avax.jms.IllegalStateException: The Session is closed" even if I don't
close the connection.

Is not safe to keep a session opened for a long time? There is some
background job that close long running sessions?
Thanks.

Re: Autocreate topics on startup

Posted by Adrian Tarau <ad...@daxtechnologies.com>.
Sorry for posting with this subject, please ignore this message

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/2/06, ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Can I create new topics only by sending message to it?

No - you can also create topics using the MBeans.

> Can't I define topics before using them in activemq.xml?

Not currently no

--

James
-------

Posted by ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
read = consume messages, write = publsh messages, admin = create new
destinations. So you should be able to set up whatever permissions you
need.

James

On 6/2/06, ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> in http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/security.html I see only permissions
> explanation. I already write in my activemq.xml:
>
> <authorizationEntry topic="monitoring.>" read="consumers" write="producers"
> admin="admins" />
>
> producers must write to existing topics monitoring.t1 or monitoring.t2, but
> how can I create them? How I can only give admin permissions for
> monitoring.> to producers an so they will create it. But with this rights
> they can create monitoring.t3. It's bad.

James
-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/2/06, ENP <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I create topics on AMQ startup?

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/security.html

"> I need to give only write or read
> permission for topic to some group, but I don't wish to give them ability to
> create new topics.

See