Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Brent Clark <br...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/27 10:51:40 UTC

X-Relay-Countries not working

Good day Guys

I have the following spam email, and I picked up that the plugin
'Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry', is not picking up Korea.

https://pastebin.com/i45KsgVk

header   RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD X-Relay-Countries =~ /^(CN|RU|SU|IN|BR|UA|KR)/
describe RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD Relayed through foreign countries
score    RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD 1.0
add_header all Relay-Country _RELAYCOUNTRY_

In my testing, I added ZA, and it picked up for IP 196.35.198.137.

Also, does anyone know why the 27.102.212.207 is in square brackets.

Geoip pics up:

$ geoiplookup 27.102.212.207
GeoIP Country Edition: KR, Korea, Republic of

Would anyone please share a rule, I can use to catch the above spam.

Regards
Brent Clark

P.s.
Im running
spamassassin 3.4.2-1~deb9u1

Re: X-Relay-Countries not working

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 27.11.18 12:51, Brent Clark wrote:
>I have the following spam email, and I picked up that the plugin
>'Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry', is not picking up Korea.
>
>https://pastebin.com/i45KsgVk
>
>header   RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD X-Relay-Countries =~ /^(CN|RU|SU|IN|BR|UA|KR)/
>describe RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD Relayed through foreign countries
>score    RELAYCOUNTRY_BAD 1.0
>add_header all Relay-Country _RELAYCOUNTRY_
>
>In my testing, I added ZA, and it picked up for IP 196.35.198.137.
>
>Also, does anyone know why the 27.102.212.207 is in square brackets.
>
>Geoip pics up:
>
>$ geoiplookup 27.102.212.207
>GeoIP Country Edition: KR, Korea, Republic of
>
>Would anyone please share a rule, I can use to catch the above spam.

tried runinning "spamassassin -D" over the e-mail?
just to see if it picks the rule, if it finds the database etc

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod

Re: X-Relay-Countries not working

Posted by Dominic Raferd <do...@timedicer.co.uk>.
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 10:36, Brent Clark <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry if I can just add, maybe the documentation can be updated?
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RelayCountryPlugin

I think the documentation is fine, the example with the hat/circumflex has
describe text 'First untrusted relay is...'. It assumes some knowledge of
regex syntax that is all.

Re: X-Relay-Countries not working

Posted by Brent Clark <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brent Clark <br...@gmail.com>.
This was it.

Posted by Dominic Raferd <do...@timedicer.co.uk>.

Posted by Vitali Quiering <vi...@quiering.com>.
Try removing the eval in the actual code that calls the database file temporarily and check if there are perl modules missing. I‘ve been there too and had to install some maxmind reader and database modules.
If they are missing, you‘ll see an error in the debug log then.

Vitali

Posted by Brent Clark <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for replying

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.