Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/20 12:58:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] On setting fix versions with both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0

Recently I've seen we set both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0 as fix versions for some
issues.

But from my understanding, I always choose to only set 2.5.0 as fix
versions if the patch has been committed to both branch-2 and branch-2.5.
The assumption is that all issues resolved in 2.5.0 should also be included
in 2.6.0. As before we cut branch-2.5, the patches committed to branch-2
will have fix version as 2.5.0, no 2.6.0, so even if we only commit some
patches to branch-2.5 and not branch-2, it is impossible for us to find
these out through the fix versions(which means it should not happen!)...

So here I want to see what's the opinion of others in the community. Do you
think we should set the fix versions with both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0, or we
should only have 2.5.0, or it is not a big deal since duplication does not
make things wrong?

Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSS] On setting fix versions with both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
I think we have consensus here that we should set fix version to 2.5.0 only
if the patch has been committed to both branch-2 and branch-2.5.

And I think the solution to cleanup the incorrect fix versions also works.
Thanks Nick.

And thanks all for chiming in.

Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com> 于2022年3月22日周二 01:36写道:

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.