Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/19 20:47:45 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse proxy - block explicit proxy setup

Hi all,

   After I am setting up a reverse proxy using httpd, how can I disable the requests from the clients that have it configured as (forward)  proxy?

  For example If i put my proxy IP & port in Proxomitron, even if I configured "ProxyRequests Off", I can see in it while testing :

New Message Log Window....

Testing 192.168.187.129:30000
Waiting for remote proxy's reply
  >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Ending proxy test

Testing 192.168.187.129:30000
Waiting for remote proxy's reply
  >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Ending proxy test

  Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy - block explicit proxy setup

Posted by alin vasile <al...@yahoo.com>.
Actually it doesn't block all the requests, but the requests that should go through the transparent proxy aren't rewriten, they are tried to be resolved to local files.

________________________________
  But it blocks also my normal GET requests that should go through the transparent proxy (the client doesn't have the webserver configured as proxy).

________________________________
>    After I am setting up a reverse proxy using httpd, how can I disable the
> requests from the clients that have it configured as (forward)  proxy?
>   For example If i put my proxy IP & port in Proxomitron, even if I
> configured "ProxyRequests Off", I can see in it while testing :
> New Message Log Window....
> Testing 192.168.187.129:30000
> Waiting for remote proxy's reply
>   >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Ending proxy test
> Testing 192.168.187.129:30000
> Waiting for remote proxy's reply
>   >HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Ending proxy test
>   Thanks.

It's probably not being proxied, but served by your default
(first-listed) vhost that matches.

Create a default virtualhost to capture these and configure it to deny all.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy - block explicit proxy setup