Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/06 03:29:47 UTC

Re: MINA 2.0 release date?

Hi Geoffrey,

On 11/6/07, geoffrey_chew@cable.comcast.com
<ge...@cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> Hi Trustin,
> I'm evaluating MINA for potential use in one of our products, and would need the serial port communications support provided in MINA 2.0. I've noticed that currently there's a milestone 1 build, but I'd like to know roughly when MINA 2.0 might be released? I'm sure many others are waiting eagerly as well :-).  A ballpark figure would be very helpful, i.e. is it going to be end of '07, Q1 '08, Q2 '08, or longer? Our project is scheduled to be completed by July '08.
> Also, do you feel that MINA 2.0 M1 is suitable for a production quality application?

2.0.0-M1 will be release before this year ends.  It's my wish though.
I am spending my full time on it, so it is very likely.

2.0.0-M1 might not be suitable for production environment.  However,
Considering your project schedule, the GA release should be ready
before '08 summer.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/