Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by John Martyniak <jo...@beforedawn.com> on 2009/02/02 21:08:06 UTC

Compiling from Source

I am try to compile nutch from source for the first time, it is on a
Mac running 10.5.6, and I just downloaded source, so it is a new copy.

And I get the following error:
     [javac] /Users/jmartyniak/Projects/java/nutch-trunk/src/java/org/
apache/nutch/analysis/AnalyzerFactory.java:29: cannot access
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration
     [javac] bad class file: /Users/jmartyniak/Projects/java/nutch-
trunk/lib/hadoop-0.19.0-core.jar(org/apache/hadoop/conf/
Configuration.class)
     [javac] class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
     [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct
subdirectory of the classpath.
     [javac] import org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration;
     [javac]                               ^
     [javac] 1 error

I ran the 'ant compile-core' target and got the above error.

Any ideas?  I did some searching on google and didn't find anything
really interesting, basically a bunch of instances where the same
error was occurring in the nightly build.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-John

Re: Compiling from Source

Posted by John Martyniak <jo...@beforedawn.com>.
Anker,

That was it.  Eventhough I changed the "Current" Java with the Mac
Interface, I did have a JAVA_HOME variable set to the 1.5 JDK.  So I
updated JAVA_HOME to point to the 1.6 and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for all of the help.

Do you know if the nightly build will use a nutch 0.9 index and
segment or will it need to be converted.

-John

Re: Compiling from Source

Posted by Ankur Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.

--