Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Kruse, Matt" <MK...@aquent.com> on 2003/04/25 16:58:40 UTC

Multiple Parameters with html:link?

As I'm painting a screen, I have to create links to another action and pass
several parameters based on the current record that I am painting.
html:link only allows me to pass either a single parameter or a list object.
So, I'm stuck with building a map of name/value pairs in my JSP, then
passing that to html:link, which seems messy. I'd prefer something like:

      <parameter name="id" value="1">
      <parameter name="client" value="2">

Is something like this possible with add-on taglibs? Or is there a better
way to do this with html:link ?

Matt Kruse

Re: Multiple Parameters with html:link?

Posted by Mike Deegan <mp...@shaw.ca>.
Matt

To use multiple params with <html:link> you need to pass Params as a MAP !!
See : http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-html.html#link

Also check out this link   http://husted.com/struts/resources/linkParam.htm

Also this works for me ....

 <c:url value="userPg" var="url">
     <c:param name="ID" value="${item['id']}"/>
     <c:param name="Dispatch" value="Zoom"/>
 </c:url>

ending up with the following url / anchor displayed in the JSP
 [Zoom...]

with the following properties
http://localhost/do/userPg?ID=22&Dispatch=Zoom
will open in the same window

HTH
Mike

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 10:58, Kruse, Matt wrote:
>       <parameter name="id" value="1">
>       <parameter name="client" value="2">
> Is something like this possible with add-on taglibs? Or is there a better
> way to do this with html:link ?

I don't believe that's currently possible, but it would be a fairly
trivial custom tag with minor html:link tag hacks.

It would be nice to have this functionality; I've wanted it too, just
not badly enough to spend the hour or three to write it :)

Dave