Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Todd Hivnor <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/02 23:28:04 UTC

[users@httpd] WebDAV config ... want to support COPY operations, but only in 1 direction

I have a WebDAV server, running Apache 2.0, where each user
has their own user directory. They should have read/write access
to their own directory, and read-only access to everyone else's
directory. I've used configuration code like this:

<Directory /home/apache/file-server/Users/Max>
  <Limit GET OPTIONS PROPFIND>
     Require valid-user
   </Limit>
   <LimitExcept GET OPTIONS PROPFIND>
      Require user max
   </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

This works fine, but it doesn't allow people to copy files from
Max's folder to their own. If I add "COPY" to the list of
allowed methods, then people can not only COPY files from
Max's folder, but also to Max's folder. That is, the limit
restrictions on the COPY method seem to apply in both
directions. The code I thought would work is this:

<Directory /home/apache/file-server/Users/Max>
  <Limit GET OPTIONS PROPFIND COPY>
     Require valid-user
   </Limit>
   <LimitExcept GET OPTIONS PROPFIND COPY>
      Require user max
   </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

I can't figure out how to allow copying
_from_ without also allowing copying _to_.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

 - Todd