Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 20:51:49 UTC

[Archetype] branching question

Hi,

With the archetypeng stuff, i think i have reached
 a point in which i need advice.

For what i can see, the current code seems useable.

I am currently refactoring the proposed descriptor.
This change will be incompatible with the current
proposition, which mimics and enchance the
actual behaviour.

I think i need to reprensent this changing in the SCM,
but i can't figure the right way:

a) create a branch in the mojo repository (but the current code is in
the sandbox)
b) tag by hand a 0.1-alpha-1 version (with lazy concensus vote) and
stay in the sandbox
c) use the release plugin to release as version (idem vote) and stay
in the sandbox

I dislike c, and have a light preference for b.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Regards,

Raphaël

Re: [Archetype] branching question

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/25, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> Sorry, I don't quite understand this? Are you saying it's just
> incompatible with what's in there already, or this now diverges from
> compatibility with the current version?
Nope
I had incompatibility between my first descriptor proposition and my second.
It is solved for now. i had made a branch in the code not in the SCM.

Raphaël

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.