Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by CASSANDRA learner <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/11 12:09:13 UTC

Hector Problem Basic one

Hi Every One,

Actually I was using cassandra long time back and when i tried today, I am
getting a problem from eclipse. When i am trying to run a basic hector
(java) example, I am getting an exception
me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HectorException: All host pools marked
down. Retry burden pushed out to client. . But My server is up. Node tool
also whows that it is up. I donno what happens..

1.)Is it any thing to do with JMX port.
2.) What is the storage port in casandra.yaml and jmx port in
cassandra-env.sh

Re: Hector Problem Basic one

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Hector does not retry on a down server. In the unit tests where you have
just one server, Hector will pass the exception to the client.

Can you tell us please what your test looks like ?

Re: Hector Problem Basic one

Posted by "Wangpei (Peter)" <pe...@huawei.com>.

Re: Hector Problem Basic one

Posted by CASSANDRA learner <ca...@gmail.com>.