Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/16 23:04:09 UTC

Image spam help

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an image spam. I haven't seen one
of these in a while, and I can't figure out how to catch them
effectively.

This one is probably now being caught by the RBLs, but I'm hoping
there's some other characteristic within the email that can be used to
block them before they are listed.

http://pastebin.com/0xWK4mws

This is hitting bayes00 because I assume very little of the body is
spammy. I've added body and subject rules to catch these, but perhaps
this relates to the recent fuzzyOCR conversation and may help there?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Image spam help

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>> http://pastebin.com/0xWK4mws
>>
>> This is hitting bayes00 because I assume very little of the body is
>> spammy. I've added body and subject rules to catch these, but perhaps
>> this relates to the recent fuzzyOCR conversation and may help there?
>
> I was expecting to see the image and am too lazy to download it from
> pastebin. But if you iontend to catch spam text in an image, FuzzyOCR is
> the tool you need.

I didn't attach the image because I didn't think there was anything
someone could do with just an image anyway without some type of OCR.

I realize fuzzyOCR is very limited and resource-intensive, so will
probably just continue to use body and header rules to catch them
until they become more of a problem, unless someone has other
ideas....

btw, gmail thinks your domain is spam....

Thanks,
Alex