Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oliver Thoms <ol...@yahoo.de> on 2008/01/16 12:41:41 UTC

logic:iterate - editable table

Hi,

I have searched the archive but havn't found any
solution for the following problem:

I have an array of entries to display, so I use the
logic:iterate tag.

But due to customer request, the data should not be
just displayed (bean:write) and afterwards edited by
the usual EDIT Button and an subsequent EditAction.

But the data should be displayed in html:text fields
and be editable directly in the table.

Since the Iterator is just a temporary reference to
the elements of the array for rendering, I can't
access the underlying objects after submit.

I thought about the indexId in the iterator an using
it in a scriplet in the 'onchange' parameter of the
html:text.
But this feels and looks realy nasty.

Any suggestions how to solve this elegantly?

       __________________________________  Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker. www.yahoo.de/clever

Re: logic:iterate - editable table

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
I would check out the LazyActionForm for this which was added to Struts
1.2.6 and upwards in classic Struts.

http://www.niallp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lazyactionform.html

Regards,
Randy Burgess