Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jacob Weber <ja...@jacobweber.com> on 2004/10/05 17:26:55 UTC

Redirecting and getting the original URL

Hello. In my Struts application, I have an action which forwards to a second
action. The "redirect" parameter is set to false, so the browser's URL doesn't
change.

I'd like to get the original URL that the user requested (the one that's in his
browser). But request.getServletPath() and the various other request methods
return the URL of the second action. One method, getRequestURL(), seems to
return the original URL, but this only works on Tomcat. On WebLogic, it returns
the second one.

Is there a reliable way to get this information? Thanks,
Jacob

Re: Redirecting and getting the original URL

Posted by Jacob Weber <ja...@jacobweber.com>.
Craig,
Thanks...I'll give that a try.
Jacob