Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Lipp <mi...@danet.de> on 2003/11/28 11:18:40 UTC

maven-project.xsd

Hi,

first of all, I apologize, but I didn't find a bug tracking system for
maven. I clicked some time through the web site, did a google search,
but no luck. So if this is out of place, don't shout at me, just
redirect me.

I decided to give maven a try and found a problem in the very first
step. It is very good that you provide a maven-project.xsd. However, it
does not have a "targetnamespace" which makes it almost unusable,
because the XML authoring tools I know of associate XML files with
schemas by looking at the namespace declarations, so I must write
something like '<project xmlns="http://www.apache.org/2003/maven-project">'.

I invented a targetnamespace (I don't have that much project.xml files
that I'll have to change later, yet ;-) ) and tried to verify my
project.xml with xerces. No luck. Xerces finds an error in
maven-project.xsd (just try it, I'm not an XSD expert and me explaining
things won't help).

As it is never a positive experience to come across those problem when
"giving things a try", I think this should be fixed.

  - Michael