Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sean Shanny <ss...@tripod.com> on 2000/01/11 20:14:29 UTC

A question on using ant with another project...

To all,

I am trying to use ant in the following manner...

I have a legacy source tree that has several entry points for src
compilation.  One of them, the one that should be compiled first in fact,
has a reference to code in one of the other directories.  If I build a
simple build.xml file for NT using jdk1.2.2 everything works fairly well.

I then created a similar file for my Linux laptop running RH6.1 with the Sun
jdk1.2.2 RC2 and it has big issues resolving the classpath.  Basically it
cannot resolve the import statements for the files that live in the other
directories that have not, I believe, been compiled yet.

Building Jakarta on the same machine works flawlessly.

Anyone have some clues as to what I might be doing wrong?  I can provide the
directory layout and build.xml build.sh files if you like, I didn't want to
clutter up the list with those.

Thanks.

--sean
"Don't ask for permission. Just do it! It's easier to apologize for having
done something than it is to get permission to do it."

- G. Hopper