Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 00:59:32 UTC

release plugin & clearcase

Hi all,

has anybody successfully performed releases using Clearcase ?

I have release:prepare working (with the latest svn version of the
release plugin), but release:perform is giving me trouble (a cleartool
error: a view cannot be created under another view's storage
directory).

Tom

Re: release plugin & clearcase

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
I have a simple multi-module project (parent & child) with this scm
url specified in parent:

  <scm>
<connection>scm:clearcase:\\astma\views\Common_2.vws\config_spec</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:clearcase:\\astma\views\Common_2.vws\config_spec</developerConnection>
  </scm>

I'm using UCM, and the maven scm:xxx commands seem to be working
(update, commit, edit).

Now I do a 'mvn release:prepare', and maven nicely transforms my poms,
tagging them at the right time.

Then I do 'mvn release:perform', and I get:

[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
spec = \\astma\views\Common_2.vws\config_spec
spec = \\astma\views\Common_2.vws\config_spec
[DEBUG] executing checkout command...
[DEBUG] tag: parent-1.0.1
[DEBUG] Running with CLEARCASE
[DEBUG] Executing: C:\views\Common\Root\parent\target>>cleartool mkview -s
napshot -tag user-ASTMA-maven-checkout -vws \\ASTMA\viewstore\user-ASTMA-maven
-checkout.vws C:\views\AWPYV_Common\Root\parent\target\checkout
Provider message:
The cleartool command failed.
Command output:
cleartool: Error: A view cannot be created under another view's storage director
y or snapshot view storage directory.

My clearcase-settings.xml does not seem to have any effect:
<clearcase-settings>
    <viewstore>\\ASTMA\views</viewstore>
    <useVWSParameter>false</useVWSParameter>
</clearcase-settings></clearcase-settings>

Setting a workingDirectory also does not have any effect.

Tom

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcel Schutte <ms...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I'm not a clearcase user, but it seems to me that cs doesn't like the
location maven uses to checkout the source and do the release build.
You could try changing this location with a
-DworkingDirectory=<yourdir>. The default is
${project.build.directory}/checkout.

Marcel