Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Tjepkema, Gregory" <GT...@skandia.de> on 2009/08/05 11:20:29 UTC

error running mvn deploy:deploy-file on archiva

Hi,

I am a new user of Archiva, and am experiencing some problems with
deploying via mvn. The Archiva version is 1.2.1 and the Maven I am using
is 2.2.0.

When I run:

D:\checkouts\tis_33x_trunk>mvn deploy:deploy-file
-Dfile=./target/lib/tis-no-templates-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-DpomFile=./pom.xml -DrepositoryId=archiva.snapshot -D
url=http://archivahost:8181/archiva/repository/snapshots/

I get:

[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Resource to deploy not found: File:
http://archivahost:8181/archiva/repository/snapshots//com/skandia/tis/3.
3.0-SNAPSHOT/tis-3.3.0-20090805.091000-1.jar does not exist

I followed the instructions on configuring the settings.xml and and the
pom.xml to the letter, as per this link
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.2.1/userguide/deploy.html. I tried both
the instructions for deploying via HTTP as well as Web DAV.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory Tjepkema

RE: error running mvn deploy:deploy-file on archiva

Posted by "Tjepkema, Gregory" <GT...@skandia.de>.
I thought the message was funny, since the URL mentioned as the resource
to deploy really does not exist. Of course, it will only exist at that
URL once it has been deployed successfully.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Gregory

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.